Saturday, April 26, 2014

Working at Steracle Press

Steracle Press is a letterpress studio. Before working here, I had never done anything like it. It was a lot of fun working with Stacey, and she was pretty relaxed despite how stressful it is to work with brides, and a brand new intern that didn't know a thing about letterpress.
When working here I made a lot of wedding invitations, and few business cards. One client was a leather company called Horween (a name I can't ever forget considering we printed thousands). There was also this very ridiculous and intricate wedding card that gave us so many headaches, but is a fun story to tell. We even printed a birthday card for the president.
There's a lot of creativity involved with making invitations and cards. Choosing colors from a book is just the beginning of the process. Adding a side strip of color is another option, as well as glueing two sides together. I had a lot of fun working here, probably the most fun I've had at any internship, and I learned a lot.
picture from instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment